Looking for the best all around grill and smoker? Well, we have got you covered! In this article, we will be reviewing 5 of the best all around grill and smoker and even look at their specific pros, cons and features!
But, before we dive right into the reviews, let’s look at a comprehensive buying guide for the same. So, without further ado, let’s get started!
Table of Contents
Buying Guide to the Best All Around Grill and Smoker!
When you’re looking for the best all around grill and smoker, you want something that will last and give you the best performance possible. But there are so many options out there that it can be hard to know where to start.
To help you find the right one, we’ve put together this guide to help you find the perfect grill and smoker for your needs!
1. Heat Output
When considering heat output, keep in mind how many people you would typically cook for at once. The average family will need roughly 4500 BTUs of heat output per hour to cook enough food for everyone in their household.
If you plan on cooking for parties or large gatherings, take into account how many people will be attending so that you can choose a model that meets your needs.
2. Built Quality
The quality of construction will vary between models depending on their price point and brand name recognition. You should always look for grills made from stainless steel because it has better durability than other materials such as aluminum or cast iron which can corrode over time if not properly maintained.
You’ll also want to check out customer reviews before buying so that you know what other customers have experienced when using their particular product!
The performance of your grill plays a major role in how well you can cook food on it. This is one of the most important factors to consider when you are looking for the best all around grill and smoker.
The best grills are able to produce high heat without drying out the food, which makes them ideal for those who want to cook with vegetables and other items that don’t need high heat.
The grills also have enough room on them so that you can cook large cuts of meat without having any trouble doing so.
4. Additional Features
In addition to performance, some additional features can make life easier if you’re planning on using your grill or smoker often.
Some things we look for are removable parts that make cleaning up easier or give you more options for storing your grill when not in use; features like digital control panels or steel construction that make it more durable; wheels so you can move it around easily; and even things like side tables that allow you to set down drinks while cooking!
Also Read: Best 6 burner gas grills!
5 of the Best All Around Grill and Smoker!
1. Royal Gourmet CC1830S BBQ Charcoal Grill and Offset Smoker
One of the most popular grills in the world today and for good reasons. The Royal Gourmet grill is very affordable and comes with great features that make it extremely versatile.
One of the highlights of this grill is its side shelves which allow you to prepare your food directly from it without having to use an extra table by your side, saving you a lot of time with clean up after. Another great feature is its large cooking space of 811 sq. inches, which makes it one of the best grills on offer when it comes to getting plenty of cooking area.
When you factor all these features together with an affordable price tag, then you have a truly exceptional product that comes with real value for money!
- One of the best all around grill and smoker
- Comes with a large cooking space of 811 sq. inches
- Features side shelves for prepping your food
- Extremely versatile
- Real value for money
- The legs of this grill smoker combo are too tiny
- It’s not as durable as it seems
2. Z GRILLS ZPG-450A 2022 Upgrade Wood Pellet Grill and Smoker
The Z GRILLS Wood Pellet Grill and Smoker is a good option for those who want an everyday smoker that can also work as a grill.
Boasting a compact but sufficient cooking space of 450 sq. inches and using a smart temperature control system, this wood pellet grill makes it easy to cook the perfect food with much less stress.
The grill features high quality steel construction and porcelain grates so you can be assured of its durability, enabling you to use it for years without much maintenance. The grill also comes with an easy to understand manual for assembly, so that you don’t need to go through the hassles of surfing the web for countless hours!
- Has a compact yet sufficient cooking space of 450 sq. inches
- Comes with a smart temperature control system
- Built from high quality steel and comes with porcelain grates
- Quick and easy to assemble and pretty convenient to use
- Features functionalities from both worlds: is a grill as well a smoker
- This grill cum smoker is not that easy to clean
- The digital temperature control can be a bit finicky
3. Realcook Charcoal BBQ Smoker Grill
Realcook Charcoal BBQ Smoker Grill is a versatile grill and smoker that comes with all the features you need. It’s perfect for those who are on a budget but still want a high-quality product that has everything they need.
One of the best things about this product is its versatility. The grill features easily removable grill sections for added versatility, so you can cook different types of food, depending on your mood at the time. This grill is extremely versatile for multi-functional cooking, making it one of the best all around grill and smoker to buy if under budget constraints.
Another thing we love about Realcook Charcoal BBQ Smoker Grill is its ability to control temperatures with precision thanks to its built-in thermometer. This makes sure that your food tastes exactly as you want it to every time!
- Ones of the best all around grill and smoker to buy if under budget constraints
- Is extremely versatile for multi-functional cooking
- Features easily removable grill sections for added versatility
- Built from high quality heat-resistant painted steel
- The lid comes with a thermometer that helps in accurate temperature control
- The Realcook BBQ grill cum smoker is not that easy to clean
- The grill can be a bit difficult to assemble and can sometimes even take up to an hour
4. Z GRILLS 2022 Upgrade 700D Wood Pellet Grill and Smoker
The Z GRILLS 700D Wood Pellet Grill and Smoker is a great choice for anyone who’s looking for an affordable pellet grill that can do it all. It features a generous cooking space of 697 sq. inches, allowing you to prepare meals for large groups of people at once, or use it to cook smaller meals for just a few people.
It even has a digital temperature control with a range of 180-450 degrees F and has a great hopper capacity of 20 pounds (can hold up to 20 pounds of hardwood pellets). The grill also includes extremely durable cast iron grates and is built with heavy duty steel and painted with a heat resistant powder coat so that it can stand up to years of abuse in the backyard—or wherever you decide to take it!
The Z GRILLS 700D Wood Pellet Grill and Smoker is easy to assemble and extremely convenient to use. You’ll be able to get started cooking in no time at all!
- Comes with a digital temperature control with a range of 180-450 degrees F
- Has a generous cooking space of 697 sq. inches
- Features a great hopper capacity of 20 pounds (can hold up to 20 pounds of hardwood pellets)
- Built with heavy duty steel and painted with a heat resistant powder coat
- Also comes with extremely durable cast iron grates
- Easy to assemble and extremely convenient to use
- There’s no way to empty the hopper (you’ll have to dump it)
- Lacks front or side shelves for cooking prep
5. Char-broil Oklahoma Joe’s Charcoal/LP Gas/Smoker Combo
The Char-broil Oklahoma Joe’s Propane Grill and Smoker is a true workhorse. It has a massive cooking space of 1,060 sq. inches, which is great for all your grilling needs. Not only that but it comes with digital temperature control so that you can make sure the grill is always at the right temperature for whatever you are cooking.
This grill also features multiple dampers for added temperature and smoke control. The Char-broil Oklahoma Joe’s Propane Grill and Smoker produces a heat output of 12,000 BTUs, which means you can BBQ on it year-round! It is extremely versatile and even has a quality steel and porcelain construction so that it will last you for many years to come!
So, there’s absolutely no doubt that this grill cum smoker from Char-broil is surely one of the best all round grill and smoker available!
- Has a massive cooking space of 1,060 sq. inches
- Comes with digital temperature control
- Features multiple dampers for added temperature and smoke control
- Produces a heat output of 12,000 BTUs
- Extremely versatile and even has a quality steel and porcelain construction
- The grill itself is quite heavy and hence not that portable
- It’s not easy to clean the grill especially since it comes with three chambers
Also Read: Best 4 burner gas grills under 500 dollars!
Should I buy a grill smoker combo?
If you love to barbecue, then a grill smoker combo is a great investment for your home.
While some people might think that grilling and smoking are the same thing, they’re actually very different processes. Grilling involves cooking over direct heat at high temperatures, while smoking requires slow cooking with indirect heat at low temperatures.
If you love the taste of smoked meat but don’t want to invest in a separate smoker, then consider buying a grill smoker combo instead. These devices allow you to smoke food without having to purchase an entirely new appliance or buy expensive accessories like a water pan or wood chips.
A grill smoker combo has all of these functions built into one device so that you can get everything done in one place!
Can I use a smoker as a regular grill?
Yes, you can use a smoker as a regular grill!
Smokers are usually used for cooking meats, but they can also be used to cook vegetables and fish. A smoker is a bit more complicated than a regular grill, so if you’re just starting out with grilling, we recommend using a standard grill and seeing how it goes.
But once you’ve got the hang of grilling, and want to try something new, give smoking a try—you’ll be amazed by how delicious your food tastes!
Is smoking meat better than grilling?
Smoking meat is a process in which you’re cooking the meat slowly over low heat, often over indirect heat. It’s commonly used to cook whole cuts of meat or large pieces of meat that need to be cooked for a long time. Grilling, on the other hand, is a process in which you cook food on high heat over direct heat.
Smoking meat is generally considered to be better because it allows the meat to absorb more flavor from the barbecue sauce or marinade that you use. In addition, it produces savory and smoky flavors that are difficult to achieve with grilling alone.
However, smoking also has its drawbacks: it can take up to four hours for some cuts of meat to reach an ideal internal temperature (around 180 degrees Fahrenheit), even if they’re not very thick. Grilling takes less than half an hour for most cuts of meat (depending on their thickness).
So, these were 5 of the best all around grill and smoker that you can buy in 2022!
We hope that you liked this article and if you did, then do consider sharing it with friend and family. See you in the next post, till then, stay tuned!