Do you want to enjoy the outdoors with your friends and family without having to eat meat? You’re not alone. Over half of the United States population is a vegetarian or non-meat eater, but there aren’t given a lot of options when it comes to outdoor grilling.
Most grills are designed for cooking meat and not vegetables, so what if there were grills that could cook vegetables like kebabs just as tasty as they could be? What if they were healthier as well as cheaper?
Well, so thinking of you all vegetarians, we have decided today to chuck out a list of the best outdoor grills for vegetarians. So, let’s get started!
Table of Contents
Buying Guide for an Outdoor Grill!
Before you look at the list of the best outdoor grills for vegetarians, you must know which factors to consider before opting for a perfect outdoor grill. So, here are some of the important factors to consider.
1. Grill Type
Grills can be gas, electric, or charcoal. If you want to use your grill as a smoker, you will need a charcoal grill. Otherwise, the choice is more of a personal preference.
2. Grill Weight
If you’re just going to leave your grill out on your deck all year round, weight doesn’t matter so much. But if you’re going to be taking the grill on camping trips, then you should get one that’s under 100lbs—and preferably under 50lbs—so that it won’t take up too much space in your car or trailer.
3. Grill Size
If you’re planning on cooking for large groups of people, get a large grill. If not, look for medium-sized and portable options.
4. Foldable or Not
If you need to transport your grill often and will have limited storage space when not in use, look for a foldable model. Otherwise, this is not an important factor for you.
5. Cooking Area
This is really important if you like to cook a lot of different things at once—or if you really like grilling lots of food for parties and cookouts. If so, look for models with several burners and lots of grilling space.
Durability is another factor which you must consider if you are looking for a portable grill. Your grill should be ready to withstand the rough use while on weekends and holidays!
Now that you know about the buying guide to outdoor vegetarian grills, let’s have a look at the best outdoor grills for vegetarians and learn about their features, pros and cons.
Also Read: How long do weber grills last?
6 of the Best Outdoor Grills for Vegetarians
Are you a vegetarian? Are you looking for an appropriate grill which can cook you nutritious meals consisting of vegetables only? Well, you are in absolute luck then! Below we have mentioned 6 of the best outdoor grills for vegetarians!
1. Char-Broil Performance Stainless Steel Gas Grill
There’s nothing like the feeling of grilling up a meal with friends and family on a hot summer’s day. With the Char-Broil Performance Stainless Steel Gas Grill, you’ll have those opportunities aplenty.
Not only is it easy to assemble and use, but its full stainless steel body ensures high durability and an exquisite finish that will make your guests green with envy. It comes with stainless steel burners, which are known to be among the most durable on the market.
The grease pan is porcelain coated which makes it easy to clean, while the cast-iron grates too are porcelain coated (this is to prevent them from rust and corrosion). It comes with electric ignition and a max heat output of up to 10,000 BTUs—meaning you can grill up anything from burgers to steak in no time at all!
And with this grill’s nifty side burner, you can prepare your sides exactly how you want them as well. So grab your tongs and prepare for a tasty meal al fresco!
- Full stainless steel body for high durability and exquisite finish
- Comes with stainless steel burners
- The grease pan is porcelain coated which makes it easy to clean
- The cast-iron grates too are porcelain grated (this is to prevent them from rust and corrosion)
- Comes with electric ignition and a max heat output of up to 10,000 BTUs
- The Warranty period is not that great!
- Weighs a bit on the heavier side….so not that portable!
2. Weber Spirit II E-310 Liquid Propane Grill
Are you looking for a powerful, but not expensive grill? We’ve found it for you. Weber Spirit II E-310 Liquid Propane Grill is here to turn your grilling experience into an amazing one.
The grill comes with the latest GS4 grilling system for efficient grilling. The system contains many useful features including infinity ignition system and porcelain-coated glamorizer bars which enhance the durability and efficiency of the grill.
It also comes with an efficient grease management system that ensures easy cleaning and maintenance. The Weber Spirit II E-310 Liquid Propane Grill has a massive cooking area of 529 square inches. This makes it suitable for small to medium parties or family gatherings.
The peak per hour heat output of 30,000 BTUs ensures efficient cooking of different types of food items in a very short time. The cast-iron cooking grates are coated with a porcelain layer. They ensure even heat distribution and efficient searing and browning of foods.
The grill also comes with 6 tool hooks and a built-in thermometer which allow you to monitor the temperature inside the grill easily. Another good thing about this grill is that it comes with an interactive 3D app which ensures an easy assembly of the grill!
- Comes with the latest GS4 grilling system for efficient grilling
- This grill contains infinity ignition system, porcelain-coated glamorizer bars and an efficient grease management system
- Cast iron is used to make the cooking grates, which are then coated with a porcelain layer.
- 529 square inches of cooking space
- Comes with a peak per hour heat output of 30,000 BTUs
- Has 6 tool hooks and a built-in thermometer
- Comes with an interactive 3D app which ensures easy assembly of the grill
- There is no side burner in this model.
- Also, the hood is not that deep when compared to other grills in this budget.
3. Weber Summit E-470 Liquid Propane Grill
The Weber Summit E-470 Liquid Propane Grill is a beast of a machine that will ensure you’re never disappointed in your barbecues again.
Not only does it come with a massive cooking area of 580 square inches, but it also has 4 burners with a total power rating of 48,000 BTUs. The variety of different burners (side burner, sear burner and rotisserie burner) means that you really can do everything on this grill.
The Weber Summit E-470 Liquid Propane Grill also comes with an in-built led display for fuel gauging so that you know exactly when you’ll need to refill your tank. It also has separate storage for spit and forks – which means you have more space to make more food.
Oh, and did we mention that it’s easy to assemble too? You even get an interactive 3D app that walks you through the whole process! But wait – there’s more! It comes with a 10 year limited warranty so you don’t have to worry about whether or not this is going to stand the test of time. All in all, this grill is certainly going to make you want to throw one heck of a barbecue!
- Comes with a massive cooking area of 580 square inches
- Has 4 burners with a total power rating of 48,000 BTUs
- Has a variety of different burners: a side burner, a sear burner and also a rotisserie burner
- In-built led display for fuel gauging
- Comes with separate storage for spit and forks
- Comes with 10 year limited warranty
- Features an interactive 3D app which helps in easy assembly of the grill
- Although the cooking area is massive, but it’s a bit less when compared to other grills in this budget.
- Comes with just two casters which is a bit of a bummer at this price!
Also Read: How to refurbish a gas grill?
4. Weber Summit S-670 Liquid Propane Gas Grill
If you’re looking for a grill that has almost everything you could ever want in a grill, look no further than the Weber Summit S-670 Liquid Propane Gas Grill. This baby comes with a massive cooking area of 624 square inches and has a total power rating of 60,800 BTUs.
Because all of the grates are completely made of stainless steel, you don’t have to worry about rust or corrosion. It features 6 stainless steel burners, which include a side burner, a sear station burner, a smoker burner, and a rear-mounted infrared rotisserie burner. This grill has an enclosed cart with 2 primary working areas: one for your main cooking surface and one for your warming rack.
These 2 areas combine to create an overall cooking space of 769 square inches. The best part? A 5-year limited warranty is included as well. And if you’re not sure how to put all of this together, the grill comes with an interactive 3D app that can help you through the assembly process step by step.
- Comes with a massive cooking area of 624 square inches
- Has a total power rating of 60,800 BTU
- The grates are completely made of stainless steel, so no chances of rust or corrosion
- Features 6 stainless steel burners
- Has a variety of different burners which include a side burner, a sear station burner, a smoker burner, and a rear-mounted infrared rotisserie burner
- This grill has an enclosed cart with 2 primary working areas
- A 5-year limited warranty is also included
- Features an interactive 3D app which helps in easy assembly of the grill
- The price of this grill is a bit on the expensive side.
- Also, this particular model is not that portable as its quite heavy!
5. Char-Griller E22424 Table Top Charcoal Grill
Cleaning out a grill has never been easier. The Char-Griller E22424 Table Top Charcoal Grill features an ash pan for quick and easy cleaning. This grill also features a sliding drawer for easy access to coal and ashes.
The Char-Griller E22424 Table Top Charcoal Grill can be used as either a table top grill or even a horizontal Texas style smoker. This sleek little grill only weighs 20 pounds, making it lightweight and easy to transport to your family’s favourite campsite, tailgate, or barbecue spot.
The cast iron cooking grates are completely crafted out of cast-iron, which retains heat and provides better sear marks than other grilling materials. The Char-Griller E22424 Table Top Charcoal Grill is a versatile grill that you can connect to all of your Char-Griller barrel grills. This tabletop charcoal grill is the perfect addition to your outdoor kitchen!
- Comes with a removable as pan for easy cleaning
- Can attach to all Char-Griller barrel grills
- Can be used as a table top grill or even a horizontal Texas style smoker
- The cooking grates are completely crafted out of cast-iron
- Has 250 square inch of primary grilling space
- Features a sliding drawer for easy access to coal and ashes
- The cooking area is a bit too small.
- The build quality feels a bit cheap (although regarding the price its decent).
6. George Foreman Rectangular Electric Grill
We know you love to grill. It’s fun, it’s delicious, and it makes your house smell like a home. But what if it rains? Or what if you have a small apartment and can’t deal with the smoke that comes with charcoal or propane grills? Well, you’re in luck. Because the George Foreman Rectangular Electric Grill is here to help!
This grill was designed with people like you in mind. It has a removable stand so you can take it outdoors and use it on your balcony or patio. It has variable temperature control, so you can cook your meat to perfection every time. And when the rain starts pouring down, don’t panic—just take the grill inside!
It’s electric, which means there’s no smoke or charcoal smell at all. This 200 square inch grill is perfect for serving up to 12 people at once and has a non-stick coating that’s rugged enough to handle anything you throw at it (or on it). So grab yourself one today and get ready to enjoy cooking outside—rain or shine!
- Is adaptable enough to be used both indoors and out
- Comes with a rugged non-stick coating
- Features a removable stand, variable temperature control and can serve up to 12 people at once
- Has a 200 square inches of grilling space
- Comes with an in-built drip tray
- Extremely convenient for indoors and apartments as it’s an electric grill (so no charcoal or propane smoke)
- The build quality of the handles are pretty poor.
- Also, the grill grates aren’t detachable.
1. Is there really any cooking grill for vegetarians?
Well, what do you know! There are a hell lot of grills that are best suited for grilling and searing vegetables. These grills comes with variable temperature control and a variety of different burners for different cooking purposes.
These grills enable you to enjoy a delicious meal which includes veggies and veggies only! Afterall, who doesn’t like a bowl full of grilled yet nutritious vegetables?
2. What are the different kinds of grills for vegetarians?
With all the different kinds of grills out there, it can be hard to know which one is right for you. But don’t worry! We’ve put together a list of four types of grills and their features below!
Charcoal Grill: The biggest perk of a charcoal grill is that it’s super cheap, but it’s also the most complicated to use and clean, so if you’re a newbie at grilling, you might want to consider another option.
Ceramic Grill: These work like charcoal grills but are better for retaining heat and are easier to clean. They’re also pricier than charcoal grills.
Gas Grill: If you’re looking for something that’s easy to set up, a gas grill is probably your best bet. To get started, all you have to do is press a button. The downside? Gas grills tend to be pricey and they don’t always heat evenly.
Electric Grill: If you want something that’s easy to use and doesn’t cost much, then an electric grill is the way to go. They’re also great for anyone who lives in an apartment because they can be plugged in inside (just make sure your building allows it!).
3. Does Grilling Vegetables reduce their Nutritious Value?
Yes, but a little! Actually all forms of cooking result in a loss of nutritious value. However, grilling retains most of the nutritious value of vegetables (however some is always lost!).
Grilling vegetables is real fun and healthy too. Its known that grilled vegetables retain most of their nutritious value and thus is extremely beneficial for health.
So, if you are a vegetarian, you can select your favourite grill from the above-mentioned list of the best outdoor grills for vegetarians. You won’t be disappointed, we promise!