Traeger grills are unique because they include technologically advanced features that make them stand out from their competitors. Also, the use of wood pellets in these grills makes the food cooked on them taste better. However, there are a lot of things that could go wrong with these grills, no matter how great they are!
If you’re having problems with your Traeger barbecue grill, you might want to try some simple troubleshooting steps before calling for help. Possibly, you might even save a lot of money on repair costs. If you have problems with your Traeger grill, here is an informative guide on how to reset Traeger Grill!
Also, we have included solutions to some of the most common problems that one can face while using such type of grill.
Table of Contents
How to Reset Traeger grill?
To factory reset a Wi-Fi grill:
- Go through the menus on the controller until you get to the grill settings.
- Then, hold down the IGNITE button and wait for the Traeger logo to show up.
- To turn off the grill, press the power button for about five to ten seconds, then turn it back on.
To clear the Wi-Fi network settings on the grill controller, press the Reset button:
- On the controller, you can do the following things, like: Go to the menu bar and choose Wi-Fi information from there.
- Hold down the “IGNITE” button for about 10 to 15 seconds to start the fire. When you reset the Wi-Fi settings, you can start over with a new first-pairing process, which is faster and more convenient.
- D2 grills with firmware version V2.00.01 or later can use this.
Note: This option is unavailable on first-generation AC Timberline grills and D2 grills running firmware versions V2.00.00 or V1.XX.XX.
What is Causing my Traeger to not Ignite?
If your Traeger home pellet grill won’t light on, you can do any of the below mentioned steps to troubleshoot it.
- Check to see if there is electricity at the power outlet. Keep an eye on your GFI (Ground Fault Interrupter) to see if it is working and also consider resetting it if you need to.
- Take the power line out of the outlet and turn off the switch.
- Take the control out and look for a blown fuse on the back of the unit. You should replace a blow fuse with a new one and then reinstall the control.
- To connect the power cable, connect it to an electrical outlet that is safe and grounded. Turn on the switch. Note: This is only for a single hot rod connection.
- The auger drive motor and draft inducer fan should both be checked to see if they are both running. If both are working, the hot rod needs to be changed. If one or both of these things aren’t working right, contact Traeger technical support for more help. Place an order by getting in touch with your local Traeger dealer.
- In the event that the problem is a bad hot rod, it can still be used to cook and smoke food by manually setting fires.
Also Read: How to Adjust Burner on Gas Grill?
How to Manually Ignite a Traeger Barbecue with a Lighter?
If your Traeger barbeque grill’s hot rod is the only thing that doesn’t work, you can still cook and smoke on it by following the steps below:
- In this case, turn off the switch and pull the power wire out of the wall outlet. If the grill is still very hot, you should wait until it is completely cooled down before you use it. Remove the hot rod (purple/white wire pair) below the pellet hopper from the main power source.
- In order to get to the wiring, you’ll need to take off the bottom of the hopper. You must reconnect the power cable and replace the hopper panel only after the hot rod has been unplugged.
- Open the pellet hopper and fill it with pellets.
- Then, you must take off the Porcelain Grill, Grease Drain Pan, and Heat Baffle in order to see the fire-pot in the bottom section of the grill.
- At least 1/2 cup of pellets should be added to the fire pot to start it.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of alcohol gel firelighter into the fire-pot on top of the pellets. Light it with a match or a lighter, and it will start to burn.
- Use a fireplace match or a butane lighter with a long wick to light the alcohol gel with care. Take extreme caution to not start a fire.
- Wait for about 4 minutes for the alcohol gel and pellets to burn.
- Put the Heat Baffle, Grease Drain Pan, and Porcelain Grill back in their places after making sure the pellets have started to burn.
- Turn on the switch and adjust the Temperature/Dial to the temperature that you want it to be at. Allow the grill to warm up for about 10 minutes with the door closed. Then, put food on the grill.
Is there a reset button on the Traeger grill?
No, the Traeger controller doesn’t have a reset button. You may need to clean the igniter rod if your auger motor is running but your grill isn’t getting hot.
How do I get my Traeger Grill back online?
Try these things if you can’t connect your Traeger to Wi-Fi or it doesn’t work:
- Firstly ensure that your Traeger Grill is plugged in and powered on.
- Next, make sure the Wi-Fi symbol on the controller is strong. If it’s blinking, turn the grill on and off again. Make sure you plug out the grill for 30 seconds, then plug it in again. It’s important to note that if you have an Ironwood or Timberline, hold down the power button until you hear a beep. This will start your grill again.
- As soon as your grill has been turned off and on again, wait about two minutes for your grill to reconnect to Wi-Fi.
How to reset Traeger after cleaning?
Follow these steps to reset your Traeger after cleaning:
- Turn off your Traeger’s power switch (the black knob). Also, open the lid to make sure there is no heat coming out of it.
- Unplug your grill from its power source and let it sit for about 15 minutes.
- Plug your grill back in and turn on the power switch (black knob).
- Next, press and hold the “Up” button and the “Down” button on the control panel for 10 seconds until a “P-Setting” appears in the display window. This means that you are now in programming mode.
- Keep pressing “Up” or “Down” until you get to a setting called “Calibration Temp Offset.” This setting lets you change how the temperature is set (it will be at about -50 degrees F).
- Finally, press “Up” or “Down” until this number reads 0.
Resetting a Traeger grill is a pretty easy task if you know how to do it! Well, after reading this informative article, we are 100% sure that you now know how to reset Traeger Grill. So, we hope that you found this article informative and we wish you luck for your next grilling sessions!