How to Use a Mandoline Slicer for Zucchini?
There are lots of kitchen tools that we need to make delicious dishes. The mandoline slicer is one of them. It is used to slice vegetables easier and quicker. You can also use the knife to slices the vegetable. However, it is time-consuming.
The mandoline comes with sharped bread to cut thin and thick slices. There are also different types of mandolines in the market. The mandoline slicers are popular for different types of cuts.
Not only zucchini noodles, but the mandoline slicer is also helpful to make zucchini bread, tossed salad, and other delicious dishes. But, the question is how to use a mandoline slicer for zucchini? In this post, we will answer this question.
So continue reading…
What Is Zucchini?
The zucchini is a long and cylindrical vegetable of summer. It grows quickly. You can harvest them in 2 to 7 days. The zucchini is a healthy vegetable. There are many health benefits of zucchini as well.
The zucchini comes with many vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. It contains fiber and a low-calorie count. This is an effective vegetable to lose weight. The zucchini can also help to avoid cancer because it contains zeaxanthin to prevent oxidative stress.
It also includes vitamin B6 so it is helpful for diabetes patients. Zucchini enhance our heart health and improves digestion.
Types of Mandoline Slicer
There are mainly two types of mandoline slicer. It can help you to cut zucchini in different ways. Those two types are adjustable mandoline and flat board mandoline. Let me describe them deeply.
The adjustable mandoline slicer comes with different adjustable blades. It allows you to cut zucchini or any other vegetables at the desired thickness.
These adjustable slicers will come with different-sized slide plates that will help you to cut vegetables at the desired thickness.
Flat Board Mandoline
The flat board mandoline is also helpful to cut any vegetables. However, you cannot cut vegetables at different thicknesses.
To cut vegetables at various thicknesses, you have to buy multiple flat boards available in the market. The flat board mandoline slicers are cheaper than the adjustable slicer.
How to Use a Mandoline Slicer for Zucchini?
There are many delicious dishes of zucchini. To prepare them we will need a mandoline slicer to slice zucchini. Let’s see how you can make zucchini dishes using a mandoline slicer.
The zucchini noodles are one of the dishes that we all love. It is easy to prepare and delicious as well. The mandoline slicer makes this dish more easy and quick to prepare. A mandoline slicer is necessary because it is difficult to slice zucchini with a shra knife.
The mandoline slicer allows you to make thick and perfect slices for zucchini. To make noodles, cut zucchini lengthwise, and then slice zucchini into strips. Once the zucchini is ready fry them in a pan for a maximum of five minutes. Now your zucchini noodles are ready.
Zucchini strips are too easy to prepare with a mandoline slicer rather than any other tools. To make zucchini strips, slice zucchini lengthwise using a mandoline slicer. How to slice zucchini lengthwise with a mandoline?
It is super easy to slice zucchini lengthwise with a mandoline. You only need to drag the zucchini lengthwise on the blade to create uniform slices. For zucchini strips 1/8 inch thick slices are great. Make sure to use a handguard for protection.
You can grate or shred zucchini with the help of the mandoline slicer with ease. The zucchini bread is the perfect dish to make with the help of a mandoline slicer. Zucchini bread is quick and easy to make.
It will be ready in less than five minutes. To make the best zucchini bread, shred the zucchini perfectly and follow the best recipes.
The zucchini coins are too easy to slice even with a knife. You can also use a mandoline if you want. We recommend using mandoline for the equal size of coins. To make zucchini coins, slice zucchini using a mandoline. Then fry zucchini coins by adding some veggies and spices.
How to Use a Mandoline Slicer for Zucchini Lasagna?
The zucchini lasagna is a popular and delicious dish of zucchini. Everyone loves mouthwatering zucchini lasagna but does not know how to make it at home. Today, we will give you a step-by-step zucchini lasagna recipe for making zucchini lasagna. By following this zucchini lasagna recipe you can easily make zucchini lasagna with a mandoline slicer.
So here we go…
Steps to Make Zucchini Lasagna with a Mandoline Slicer?
- Prepare a 9û13 inch cooking pan by adding cooking oil
- Now use a mandoline slicer and slice zucchini into 8-inch strips
- Then cook the zucchini and place them in a paper towel to absorb the moisture
- Grill the zucchini in a pan until they turn brown
- Make sure to use a paper towel to prevent zucchini from getting soggy
- After that cook the meat for a few minutes on a non-stick skillet. Add black pepper, salt, and stir while cooking meat
- If the meal is ready then you can add tomato paste, sauce, oregano, and basil
- Mix it until it blends well and forms a smooth paste
- Once it is ready bake the lasagna after adding zucchini slices, meat sauce, and cheese. If you want then you can add bowl eggs as well.
- Bake lasagna in a pan/oven for a minimum of 30 to 45 minutes
- After that serve the lasagna
Tips to Make Zucchini Lasagna
- Use the right ingredients to make best the zucchini lasagna
- Invest in a proper lasagna pan. It should at least 3 inches deep
- Add a thick layer of sauce so that the pasta does not stick to the pan
- Use aluminum foil before baking. After that remove foil and bake the lasagna
- Make sure to wait for 10 minutes after baking to keep the layers in the place
- You can add some vegetables like mushrooms, squash, or spinach to create soupy lasagna
- Then decorate the zucchini lasagna with john chandler’s recipe for words best lasagna
How Many Types of Cut We can Get With Mandoline Slicer?
The mandoline slicer is helpful for different types of cuts. The mandoline slicer can make four types of cuts.
To make zucchini dishes, the slice is the most needed cut. The mandoline slicers are adjustable. You can adjust the mandoline slicer to slice the zucchini into different thicknesses.
Crinkle-cut zucchini is useful while preparing zucchini pasta. The crinkle slice is a V-shape with ridged sides of zucchini.
The julienne slice is the one that we need to make zucchini noodles. It is difficult that we can get easily by using a mandoline slicer.
The matchsticks cut are useful to make curry with zucchini and some other vegetables. But we cannot use this only for the zucchini.
How to Use Mandoline Slicer Safely?
The mandoline slicer is easy to use but safety also matters. Mandoline slicer comes with sharp blades that can cut your hand or finger. You should be careful while using a mandoline slicer. Here are some safety tips for mandoline slicer.
Safety Tips for Mandoline Slicer
- Use finger guards or gloves while the using mandoline slicer
- Choose the right side of the blade according to the dish you want to cook
- You should use your skillful hand to hold veggies or fruit and another hand to hold a mandoline slicer
- Be careful while washing the blade
- Keep your mandoline slicer on a flat surface
The mandoline slicer is much quicker and easier to use than a knife. You can use a mandoline slicer for different types of cuts and dishes. However, you should also take care of your safety. The sharp blade of the slicer can cut your finger.
If you are a cook or chef, then the mandoline slicer is highly recommended for you. There are also some types of mandoline slicer. You can choose according to your needs.
I hope in this post, you have found your answer for mandoline slicer and zucchini. We have also given some steps for zucchini lasagna. Our guide will help you to use a mandoline slicer while making delicious dishes of zucchini.